With the kickoff of the NFL’s 99th season just a few months away, it’s never too early to start thinking about football. As the exclusive national radio partner of the NFL, Westwood One offers advertisers the opportunity to reach a massive audience of desirable and engaged consumers and to add incremental reach and frequency to television campaigns.
Here are four reasons why advertisers need to be on-air in Westwood One’s NFL programming:
1. Westwood One’s NFL audience is massive and upscale: The NFL on Westwood One reaches 48 million engaged and upscale football fans over the course of the season. This desirable audience is 37% more likely to be employed full-time and 44% more likely to have a $75K+ household income.
2. In the car, AM/FM radio is the best available screen for the NFL: Reach consumers during their path to purchase. The full-time employed, upscale NFL fan is busy and on the go. In fact, 58% of all time spent with Westwood One’s NFL coverage occurs away from home. The younger the listener, the greater the away from home listening. 71% of 18-34 Millennial time spent with Westwood One’s NFL occurs away from home.
3. Westwood One NFL makes your NFL TV better: Advertisers often say, “I am already deeply invested in an NFL TV package. What impact can Westwood One’s NFL platform add?” The answer is incremental reach and amplified frequency. Nielsen studied a quick service restaurant’s NFL campaign that included both television and radio. Adding Westwood One’s NFL programming increased campaign frequency by 19% and boosted reach by an incredible 53%.
4. Westwood One NFL campaigns result in a tangible brand lift: On behalf of NFL sponsors, Westwood One has commissioned Nielsen campaign effect studies to measure results. A major motorcycle manufacturer, a large IT services provider, an auto aftermarket parts retailer, and a mobile app have all seen strong Nielsen-certified impact and brand lift.
A major mobile app saw exceptionally strong creative test scores for their live reads by a Westwood One NFL play-by-play announcer. The domino effect worked. The campaign positivity impacted important brand measures like ad recall, awareness of the app, favorability, recommendation, and actual app usage.
- Westwood One’s NFL audience is massive and upscale
- In the car, AM/FM radio is the best available screen for the NFL
- Westwood One NFL programming makes your NFL TV better
- Westwood One NFL campaigns result in a tangible brand lift
Pierre Bouvard is Chief Insights Officer at Cumulus | Westwood One.
Contact the Insights team at CorpMarketing@devwp.westwoodone.com.
To learn more about how Westwood One’s NFL coverage can fit into your media plan and elevate your brand, contact Brandon Berman, Senior Vice President, Sports Sales and Marketing at Westwood One at BBerman@devwp.westwoodone.com.